Suspended Timeout

Thursday, October 12, 2006

My beauty queen....

On Tuesday 10th Oct @ 6:00 PM I got a call from my sister telling me that my Nani expired...I was shocked to hear this as I saw her ans spoke to her just a few days back. It was a very sad feeling and I was filled with emotions that I can not explain about.

It was almost 3 months back when Nani moved from my Masi's place to our place after she had spent time with her other daughters. We all were very excited that she will be coming and staying put with us. She has always been fun to talk to and also used to make faces if we cracked jokes around her. She used to get up and say 'chal hat' to us when every we used to act funny with her.

Nani stayed with us for almost 2 months and every evening....I used to set up the TV for her to watch and enjoy the daily soaps! she used to live on them, literally. In the morning she used to watch the yoga wala hero, in the afternoon the soaps ka re-telecast and finally in the night....you could not touch the TV at all! the soaps were her favourite! It was a case of us going hard of hearing cause of the loud TV but we felt good that she is there enjoyin her days....

She moved out just 2 weeks back when my dad got operated and he needed attention as well. Yes, she was old and unwell and it was a big effort for her to move around but she was the beauty queen...and when ever she used to tip toe from one room to another...I used to call it the catwalk. She was a darling and a kid at heart! she loved us more than anyone...and I still remember the times when years back my sister used to write to her letters regularly. Nani loved didi a lot.

She was suffering and the pain was unbearable, she slept in the afternoon and then never got up. I wanted to meet her one last time but then when I sat besides her hours together she did not get up and say 'chal hat' or wink at me as she always did :(

Our last meeting was very short, i dropped off a few of her medicines and also took some stuff from her to be given to others but I was travelling to office so it was a very short meeting. She told me then to stay a little longer...but I did not cuase of the office and meeting etc. Now I feel .... why I did not stay back then....atleast I would have got a few extra moements....some precious moments I could cherish the rest of my life atleast.

I was overwhelmed with emotions when I picked her up and when me and my brothers carried her from the house to the cremation ground. It was a feeling I dont want any one to go thru ever.... I wanted to bye to her but I could not.

All I hope is that she lives in our heart for ever and now that she is meeting her husband after a long gap, they spend some time with each other and in peace :) God bless her!

Nani I will always love you...

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home