Suspended Timeout

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pushkin our friend

I got a call from a friend of mine on saturday 9th that in the morning early that day a close friend of ours had met with a very serious accident while travelling from his Gurgaon residence to his Gurgaon office.

Pushkin (Prabuddha) was travelling with a proper helmet and riding on his Avenger to his office and as soon as he made a turn on the DLF golf course road to head towards Phase 1 a car travelling at high speed on the wrong lane hit him head on and threw himin the air. The car was being driven by some lady who was in complete shock after the accident. Maybe she wasn't coming to terms as to what had happened.

Pushkin was immediately taken to the hospital there and then and admitted. The docs confirmed that he had a few broken bones (femur was broken as well) and quite a few internal head injuries. I was unaware of these as I was told about this by another friend of mine (Sayanta) who is also Pushkin's room-mate. A few people took up his case and extensively rallied around the world to get comments and help from the world's best neurosurgeons but then all could not help much as the injuries were quite horrifying.

After a week of coma Pushkin finally gave up this fight and left us all on 2:30 AM this saturday. He was just 23. His father has undergone a heart bypass surgery early last week and his mother and fater could not make it to his funeral as well due to their illness. He has a elder brother as well.

Pushkin's girlfriend was seriously not upto terms with what had happened and was in a bad shape. It was a very helpless sight for me and I was very angry as I saw his family and friends brave this situation and his loss.

Pushkin my friend I have met you only thrice but I will always miss you. Every time I spoke to Dutta, I used to ask about you and Tarun from him. You are a good human being and will always remain in our memories! God bless you and your friends and family.

Pushkin's Orkut Profile - http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=17979171950107061057
Pushkin's community - http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=24825291

Make sure you ride with proper gear my friend! I will come and meet you there when its my time and then we will sit for hours and talks about bikes and babes!! :) miss you!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home