Suspended Timeout

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hypocracy

This is a series of conversation(s) I had @ 11:00 PM on my birthday (8th Dec 2006 - Friday night)


The phone rings... I pick it up, its a number from outside India

Caller 1: Hello
me: Hi!
Caller 1: Hi Akash this is *** (my employer)
me: Hi! how are things
Caller 1: All fine, just wanted to talk to you as it has been quite a few days that I have interacted with you at all. (I thought this is some special call which is to wish me on my birthday, I was thinking...wow so thoughtful...these are the things which make one stick with a particular company and how much pleasure it gives that the employer wishes you personally on your birthday!)
me: Things are fine going great guns, the projects are pickingup and we are spending day in nights out to get things completed. Luckily after all the hard work now we are getting some respite as the big deliverables are through and we are coming back and resting on time.
Caller 1: Yes, we have more n more new things coming up so it will be good.
me: Yes, the confrence was good and more business is always welcome! it is good this way!
(some more chit chat in this regard before this happens)
Caller 1: Ok, i had some work regarding the website, I believe you do it so can you talk?
me: Please go ahead
Caller 1: There is something some one is having a problem in so if you could just talk and explain how things are done (then the general chit chat regarding the problem)
me: Sure ask the person to call me up right now as I am a little busy here with my Family as they all are celebrating my birthday (after almost 10 minutes of chit chat, I had to give in and tell this as I wanted the person on the other end to really know what situation I am in)
Caller 1: Sure, so that person will call you in some time.
(what the !@#@!# are you a cold inconsolable person who only deal in work and no other thing? its called common sense and truthfully said common sense is not common)
me: Okay
Caller 1: Bye
me: Bye

I disconnect the phone and then was wondering...kahan phas gaya...that also with my family around and at this time on my birthday. Then I thought...just a bloody phone call nothing else. Cell phone was almost dying...so the later the call comes, I could be unreachable then. So the person had to call earlier.

After 15 minutes the phone rings...

Caller 2: Hi! Akash?
me: Yes, MR. ***?
Caller 2: Yes, *** gave me your reference.
me: Yes, I was told you want to talk to me about some problem you are encountering
Caller 2: Yes, some problem ..... (Then he explains to me the general problem, I tell him that I am not in office and you can go ahead and try the SSH Port and some technical shit to resolve this.)
Caller 2: But, i was told that this will be done by you.
me: (confused) I am not in front of a computer and I will be getting back only by Monday
Caller 2: You have to do it within an hour!
me: (what the fuck, you can not give me any command you piece of shit, you don't employ me you diseased porcupine) I can try but all I can do is ask some one else. But still it would be better if you do it as I have mentioned.
Caller 2: You have to do it!
me: (get a life you bugger) I will try my best.

The phone hangs up after the generic bye bye, but I think again...kahan phas gaya.

Then I call up office and get everything sorted out. Till around 5:30 AM in the morning I get calls from the office for clarifications and the procedure to 'resolve this'

I think to myself....
Caller 1 should have been considerate (was expecting much)
Caller 2 will get a moutful next time around

Finally, I manage to get everything sorted out even by being overly occupied with the work and other engagements with my family. Lesson learnt - workonly when you in office, then switch off you phone!

3 Comments:

  • well....if ur employer is not even that thoughtful about u then its better u change ur jobs.......these small things make a employee feel spl in the org. and if they cant do it....there are other who can do it....

    By Blogger ~ Deeps ~, at Wed Dec 13, 03:16:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • Hahaha...such buggers man. :/

    Write about your birthday and Gtalk status messages. :D

    :D

    By Blogger R, at Wed Dec 13, 06:46:00 PM GMT+5:30  

  • This sucks! Really!

    Make me your employer. I'll start wishing you on your birthdays and other occasions in advance. :-)

    By Blogger RB, at Thu Dec 14, 09:38:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home